Monday, September 13, 2010

My new path

Since I was about 6 or 7, I have always wanted to study criminal law to become a criminal lawyer. I constantly had a feeling that I had to study psychology so I decided to make it into criminology but also I wanted to continue on my decided career. As I was watching a movie called "Dear John" and going to the special features and learning that the kid in the movie had autism, I had this strong feeling again. I always had it whenever I looked at my cousin, with down syndrome, and my brother, with cerebral palsy. I knew that it had something to do with them. I love special kids, every time I will visit my brother's school I couldn't help to smile at their innocence and the way they see life. They will always be innocent children and they have been sent to this earth to be protected from Satan. I know this because, again, my brother Alexis Francisco. That already makes me want to be around those special kids and makes me want to raise my kids in a way that they will understand this purpose and love and respect these children of the Lord. Well, as I asked the Lord "Do you want me to study psychology?" I felt this huge fire in my heart, so strong was the answer that I almost tear because of that great feeling. I asked "do you want me to help these special kids?" and again that answer and as I am writing it right now, I can feel my heart beating happily and having my chest full with the love from the Lord and his encouragement. Why didn't I see it before? I have always loved psychology, I have always read psychology books just because I wanted to, why wouldn't I think about it? specially when there are two members of my family that are special? Sometimes we are a little stubborn. I am happy that I am 100% sure of what I want to study, what I want to do in my life. I am still going to study criminal law but it is because I love learning new things, I love studying. I will do so after I get a career in psychology though, and as a home school mom, I think it will be great for my kids to see me working and helping these special kids. I can't wait, I will make it work, I will help them and I will help parents too. I want to be good on this, because they are precious children to the Lord that much that he sent them with a shield. I have a strong testimony of that by watching my brother grow, by reading his patriarchal blessing. I know I am the one that is going to help my brother to fulfill his mission here on Earth. I will work hard and learn fast so I can fulfill my mission on Earth too. I was told that psychology was a bad career, like evil. I prayed and researched about it and I am so happy that the Lord stands by his revelation to me, I know is a great career and that big leaders in the church are psychologist and often speak about it in their talks. I know is thanks to this study that many people can be helped, not only special kids. I am in love with my future career and I can't wait for Cameron to finish his studies so I can start mine.

No comments: